View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

You should get into any rental car at night. In the dark, find the headlights, ignition key hole, turn signals, brake pedal, the radio volume and frequency selector knob, seat adjustment, door handle, and the door unlock button ... in the dark. You should not have to search for these at the expense of watching the road. Otherwise, the car has serious design problems.

One Pontiac Sunbird would lock its doors when put into drive. I hate that. A button to unlock doors was forward in a narrow gap between the door and dashboard. It could not be seen except when that door was open. These are not accidents. These happen when cost controls a design.

Mushy handling is often due to no speed sensitive steering. Which every car even 15 years ago could and should have. One reason for not installing speed sensitive steering is a suspension so barbaric as to require extra strong power steering.

True measure of a car is to drive your ten year old car out of the airport. I cannot say how often my better driving and ten year old Accord felt after a week with that crap, new rental car designed in the accounting department.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote