Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #27
bbro
Insert witty comment here

@glatt - I am getting new boots. I'll be hiking in the mountains in January, so I need them soon. I think the GPS would be helpful even if I am just hiking and I plan to do that regardless if I continue camping. I agree with the cost. I don't have to wait until fall, I suppose. I was looking for something to do to relax in April after a long training schedule, so I was thinking of trying then. I am looking at classes at REI, but some of those cost $70+ without any equipment cost.

@lumberjim - I will keep those in mind - thanks!

@Gravdigr - that's a good idea. I can look for one of those......I've gotten lost in a trailed park before. It's easy to lose the trail in the leaves!!

@monster - this isn't my first time in the woods, ever. I hike regularly.

@Pamela - sorry, that sucks

@Clodfobble - I always let someone know when I am hiking on the mountain trails far from home. At the local trails, there is constant cell service. I make sure to research the parks I hike at. There's one that will send out search and rescue if your car is still in the lot at closing, so they have suggestions on information to leave. I would do the same with camping. I think with camping, I have to check in and out with the rangers, so they would definitely know. I was even thinking of seeing if there was a GPS that someone could follow online.

@captainhook - I can buy biodegradable toilet paper - poison ivy threat REMOVED!