View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
That's bad optics, but I do have some sympathy there. I supported Bernie in the primary, but he's not a member of the Democratic Party, and I don't really fault them for supporting the candidate who is actually a member."Still"? That's history. It doesn't become less true over time. In the same interview where she blamed Comey and the Russians, she blamed herself as well. All three were and are to blame.

Though I will say, I suspect that all three were operating under the assumption that Hillary would win, rather than actively supporting Trump per se. Comey wanted to protect himself against Chaffetz' 4-8 years of Hillary investigations, Russia wanted to delegitimize democratic elections in general, and Hillary's status in particular, and Clinton was overconfident.
Although I agree with you, I can't bring myself to feel sympathy for Hillary C. I really feel we need to be able to vote No Confidence and have a genuine third party.

I expect our country is in the beginnings of a huge correction that will only become clear when reviewed in a century or so.

I have to leave this discussion before I further catastrophize.