View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002, 10:05 PM   #14
cornelius
Fine drunken debauchery

Unhappy

Personally, my favorite system of all time is the SNES. It had some of the best games ever on that thing, and every type of game imaginable. Short, instant gratification games, and long, in-depth games, and of course, RPGs out the whazoo. Final Fantasy 3, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Earthbound, Super Metroid, all SNES games, and quite easily my favorite games of all time.

Final Fantasy 3 was the first and only game to ever make me go "WOW" with the graphics, sound, and even the story. Every FF game since has disappointed me (although they are still good games) and no other game has made me do the same thing with them.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Earthbound were just plain fun. Games like those are really lacking nowadays. Not instant gratification, but fun, really really really fun.

Right now though, I guess my PS2 is my fav, mainly because the GameCube doesn't have many titles out on it yet, as those will all be coming out at the end of the year.

Oh yeah, and to the comment earlier about buttons and keys; console games don't NEED 101 keys. The developers have managed to get everything done with only 4-8 buttons. Personaly, I think that's more impressive then spreading it out across 101 keys and possibly confusing the crap out of players (I still haven't learned what all the keys do in Asherons Call)