View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #56
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I always marveled at Jimi Hendrix. He played intricate leads and sang at the same time. Probably akin to your experience with the bass line.

You must need two minds to do that. One to remember the words, and one to communicate the music through the instrument.

I posit that the thinking mind, or ego, handles the singing, while the being self generates the music.

Both minds are useful. The thinking mind is just much more dominant in most people. You may have found your entry point into inner peace.

I'm sharing all this here, risking ridicule (because I know you're all good folks and my friends... So not much of a risk) in the hope that this idea will spread into your lives and give you the sense of calm I have these recent days. And for myself to refer back to when it slips away from me again. I started this thread 9 years ago. In my last crisis.

Good to know it's there when I need it, and the overreaching message has stayed with me in my approach to life and it's challenges.... But I've been lax in exercising. Both in mind and body.

Shit happens. I forgive me. I have it in focus now. I'm down about 35 lbs and that's a start.

Next thing is to quit smoking.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote