Thread: zits
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
It seems fairly obvious it's a lifestyle thing that's causing the zits. Maybe you need to have a look at how your diet has changed etc and maybe try testing different things till you find the one that's causing the problem.

That's the best advice I have for you. Sorry it probably wont help too much.
I disagree completely. I talked to my dermatologist and he told me for some people (like me!) no matter how good you wash or how healthy you eat, acne in your genetics can overcome all that lifestyle changing. I had acne off and on in high school but this year at college has been the worst, so bad that my dermatologist suggested I use accutane (isotretinoin) which is regulated by the government. It was worked for all its patients I believe, but it is so strong that all your acne is cleared up in 5 months (they say forever!) but you need to get blood work done every month. This is because accutane has been known to cause severe depression and even has lead to suicide. Gotta be careful.
So I'm going to start it in May and hopefully be clear by September when school is in full swing.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote