Thread: I need a Tattoo
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #24
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

About 3 weeks ago, I had a lotus done on my inner arm (it's on my FB, and I'm willing to share if you want to see). I found my artist by asking friends who had ink, and getting their recommendations on not only studios, but artists at that studio. I then went to their website and looked around, seeing what they offered, and if they seemed to be a reputable studio.

I drew my own art, so I took it down, showed it to my artist (who had more ink than skin), we talked about it, tweaked a little bit, and it took about 45 minutes to do all of it.

I would definitely recommend that you talk to them about the coverage for your scar tissue - sometimes it holds colors differently - so as the art ages, it may look a little...odd. However, that said, I've seen some gorgeous chest pieces for women who have had mastectomies, and they did vine work along the surgical scars.

Make sure that whatever you get speaks to you - that it tells part of your story - you'll be living with it for a long long time. The lotus - yes. We won't talk about my elmo

Kellie

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote