View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #180
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
The bad thing about Crash is that while every character has some good and some bad in them, the bad outweighs the good something like 10 to 1. Of the dozen or so characters in the movie, Brendon Frazier's character was the only one that I felt was as decent as most average human beings are. The rest of the characters were horrible people. And the movie seemed to be preaching that they were supposed to represent us all. I know I am better than all the characters in that movie. Everyone I know is also better than all the characters in that movie. The characters sucked, and the film was trying to say that we all suck. We don't. Therefore the film is bad.
I think we are very much like the characters in the movie. I think we all possess the meanness that the characters presented. Some of us just show it more often than others. And in some instances, we happen to show our bad sides at the same time.

I believe that people are generally good, but have some inner meanness that has been passed down through evolution. But some people are just born sociopaths. And most of the time, we learn our hate.

Crash reminds me of Higher Learning (a 1995 John Singleton film), except Higher Learning was on a college campus. I really enjoyed the movie when it came out. Looking back at it now, I still like the movie, though some of the incidents in the movie border on ridiculous.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote