View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #3000
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Update on My Cough

I went into school on Friday morning only to be sent home.
Basically I couldn't speak or move without coughing, so I was pretty much worthless. My voice disappeared somewhere between Thursday evening and Friday morning too.

So I sat around on Friday waiting for the Doctor to call.
She did at 11.20 and asked me to come in (surprise!) at 15.00.
Felt like a wasted day as when I was sitting stock still in silence and watching daytime TV I was only having coughing spasms every 15 minutes instead of constantly.

So, different Doctor, different approach.
She also checked my blood oxygen level - still low.
Checked me with her stethoscope - again, yup, there is something wrong there.
Checked that I'd had my chest xrayed, yes and it was clear.
Again asked me more than once if I was, ever had been or would ever consider being asthmatic. No, same as last time.

I did have a temperature this time, but then it was a warmer room

She also checked my throat, but apparently it's fine.

So I am a medical conundrum!
She put me on penicillin rather than steroids and gave me an inhaler.
And cheerily suggested that if I got worse over the weekend I should take myself to hospital.

Right here, right now, having taken 4 tablets I am feeling a little better. Last night was hellish.
And I've yet to have any sympathy at home. No, scratch that - Mum offered to make me scrambled egg for lunch. Didn't help me clean up Diz's cat sick though, despite the fact that the bending and movement involved made me convulse so hard I was seeing stars. Hasn't asked me how I am or how I feel. Too busy being pissed off at the bloody racket I am making.

Fingers crossed the seven day dose of anti-biotics will knock this damned thing on the head.

Oh and no-one, not the aged 'rents or the vulnerable childer, have anything like this. So whatever I am infected with, I'm not passing it around.