View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #3116
glatt

My cousin believes that the family homestead house is haunted. She claims the female ghost there doesn't like her. And that there is at least one other ghost as well. Years ago, she claimed to have seen the ghost of my other cousin who died at a young age in a tractor accident, so she's seen ghosts before.

This house that she claims is haunted has been in the family for almost 200 years. It's a fairly run down old place in the NE PA countryside, an hour's drive from Scranton. I've always thought it was a pretty creepy place, although I have lots of great memories of family there over the years.

This house has had an active bat colony in the attic since I was a child, and probably before then, so you definitely hear noises when you are there alone.

Anyway, it's now gone to a new level. I didn't realize this, but my cousin somehow arranged to have the Penn State Paranormal Club come out to the house with all their equipment and inspect the place. They claimed to detect a female ghost there. This club has a reality show, but the house won't appear on the show.

It's all a little amusing. I don't really believe in ghosts. I've never seen one. But I've had the heebs when I've been in that house. And so has just about everyone in my family. My mom grew up there, and she is kind of scared of the place. If you are alone, it's scary to just go inside. But once you are in and spend some time in there, it's fine. I lived there for a summer, and it was pretty normal.

My Aunt lives there now, and this cousin of mine goes to check on her mother and do stuff at the house, and keeps seeing ghosts. She was over there this week doing some painting, and sensed the ghost again. Interesting.

Have you ever seen/felt a ghost?
Attached Images

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote