View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #2278
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Completely false. Read again for comprehension. That is the main reason why I posted the link.
Perhaps you didn't read my post for comprehension. You can keep what you have, as long as your employer and insurer let you. Which is the same as it ever was.

The change is that now, if they want to make the plan worse for you, they have to lose their grandfathered status.

Look at the list of things that end the status:
  • Plans that increase the percentage of costs patients must pay out of pocket.
  • plans that significantly decrease the percentage that employers contribute to premiums or those that significantly increase deductibles or co-payments.
  • An employer that switches health-insurance providers also loses its grandfathered status.
If my company did that, I would not consider myself to still have the plan I liked. If my company decided not to do these, in order to avoid the new regulations, I would consider myself to have kept the plan longer than I would otherwise have been able to.

The insurance companies can no longer follow the plan they like - continually raise prices and decrease benefits without following the new regulations.

|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote