View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
monster
I hear them call the tide

Isn't is amazing what "we" should do?

Me (resigned from board of Winter swim team end of last season, still unreplaced as treasurer): Hey guys, here's the info about getting the ad in the program for the summer swim championships.

Them: silence

::time passes::

Me: Here's a forward of the email that says today's the last day to get the ad in

Them: silence

Other person who is about to resign but hasn't actually so feels sorta responsible: So, monster, do you have a copy of what we ran last year?

Me: yes, here, but it has dates and prices on it and I don't know what you guys agreed for this year.

Other resignee: Ok I texted the pres and she said use the same as last year, it had no prices or dates......

*sighs*

Finally, an active board member (verbatim): Advertising during championship is a good idea.

Well yes, that's why we've done it for several years and I gave you the nudge and info even though I am no longer involved......

Other resignee (privately, verbatim): I am ready to scream

Me (privately): me too

Other Resignee: I don't have time to fix this to make it generic, can anyone do it?

Another current board member (verbatim): That is what I was going to say that the price and the date for registration needs to be taken out. If we are going to do it. being we haven't had a meeting I don't even think this is worth it. [board member X] is out of town till the middle of August is he may not even se this. as far as a meeting I will be gone the end of next week and all of the next till Aug 8.

[board member X] (verbatim): Thanks for keeping me updated

I'm kinda thinking we are not going to get this done. Of course then there will be the debate that someone should have done it......