View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
SamIam

No more prescription coverage for me!

The government has decided to punish me for daring to go out and making an attempt at employment by working part time for minimum wage at the Bates. I discovered last week that my Medicaid coverage has been dropped since my income is now too "high." Instead, I have been thrown onto some variant of Medicare part B that does not cover the medications I have been taking for two years now and that work very well for me. In fact, without them, I have great difficulty functioning at all, and I doubt that I'd be able to work at even such a simple minded job as the Bates.

What kind of sense does it make to take away the medication(s) that allow a person on SSI/SSDI to go back to work? I'm working and making a little extra money, so let's make sure you don't do THAT anymore. Wouldn't want somebody to attempt to make it off SSDI, now would we?

Of course, I have the option of paying for my meds "out of pocket" at over $500.00/month which is actually more than I earn some months at the Bates, depending on my schedule. WTF?

I can apply for an exemption which they may or may not give to me and/or I can apply to Medicare to cover my medication costs since I need to be on these meds in order to be productive. Maybe I'll get this help or maybe I won't. At any rate, its not going to happen overnight, whatever they decide.

Meanwhile, if I want to continue on these extremely helpful meds, I have to raid my small savings, and there goes my money to move to Durango and hopefully get a better job.

And on top of everything, the job at the Bates is temporary until they hire a new manager, although I had hoped to segue from there to a Durango job before the Bates has a chance to lay me off. So much for that thought.

I could just cry. Even Obama Care would surely be better than THIS.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote