View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #17
warch
lurkin old school

Dylan's You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go- First love. Last year of college, friend/twin turns more, then friend again, I still have his Blood on the Tracks. When I hear any of that album I have to stop. Still makes me hurt (good hurt) and smile. Then I usually have to go through a ritual playing of the LP. I will always have that record.

Julian Lennon- Much too Late for goodbyes- Move to MN, String of jobs, one baking pies in a 24 hour restaurant. Song comes on the cook line radio, dancing around the restaurant kitchen singing much to late for good pies. Making crusty cooks laugh. Still makes me laugh when I hear it.

For Once in My Life- Stevie Wonder, Sappy song that always reminds me of that reserved Mr. Warch's soft center.

Jr.Brown- Broke Down South of Dallas- takes me back old Antone's in Austin, the dark greasy former steakhouse joint. Tuesday night, 12 people. Where did this guy come from? Bathrooms behind the stage, hot and sweaty, pitcher of water on that back bar corner for when you ran out of cash but were still thirsty. Everything smells like BBQ.

Dvorak- New World Symphony- Grade 12, symphonic winds concert at Lebanon Valley College. New auditorium. Our little high school outfit plays the first two notes, we pause, and it echos and bounces, shivers me timbers as I am in the middle playing that bassoon poorly, but suddenly motivate to play my meager best. That song will always do that for me.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote