Thread: baltimore
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #39
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Dana,

“presuppose a sense of community which includes shops and businesses”

Doesn’t take a sense of community to understand (before you set the fire) that burning out a business you rely on is not in your best interest…what it takes is a little ‘thinking’ and a lot less ‘feeling’.

“collective response”

I see this any time a gaggle of kids get together…the high spirits of one infect the others and before long you got a ‘pack’.

I expect adults (young and old) to resist such impulses…my expectations are, I suppose, unrealistic.

#

Happy Monkey,

“Essentially, you lied to your nephew.”

I answered his question honestly, in a way he can understand, using the information available at the time.

I may be mistaken in my assessments but I didn’t lie.

#

Lamp,

“Should that be interpreted that it is OK to settle grievances against law enforcement, so long as only the jails, the police stations, cop cars, or local cop's personal houses... are torched ?”

You can interpret as you like…what I say is: if you have a beef, take it up with the one who has insulted or damaged you, not with innocent folks and certainly not by doing self-injury (and, mebbe, if you aren't party to the insult or injury you ought to just butt the fuck out).

“This guy just doesn't get it... it's not about the $”

I disagree…but: even if you’re right ‘today’ he will most certainly be right ‘tomorrow’.

#

Toad,

“your basic philosophy”

What is my ‘basic philosophy’?

“I assure you it doesn't.”

I disagree, but: as you like.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote