View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #2038
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

While, I don’t disagree that it would be cheaper to take preventive measures… I believe we should all be taking personal financial responsibility for ourselves and our immediate families. Placing the government in charge of Healthcare is not the answer. California currently offers state funded health coverage… the state is essentially bankrupt; hospitals aren’t getting paid for months at a time… it is a disaster.
There is a large population of folks who believe that they should be supported by the rest of us. I do not think it is right to fault those with means to pay for healthcare for not wanting to foot the bill for others beyond what the current income tax supports. When I did not have the income to cover the cost of health insurance our community hospital had a program through which you could pay a percentage of the bill. With this program you could access a number of clinics across the area. The program still exists. I was grateful the short time I needed it, but was much happier to not need it anymore.
There should be more of a push for self sufficiency in this nation. Of course, if you believe that the higher income should foot the bill for the lower… well we will not see eye to eye on that. I personally am for a flat 10% tax across the board. I have come to realize that the higher paid jobs… they pay more because of the education that people have. If I had my masters my income potential would be much greater than it is. That is how it should be. Do I think that those higher income folks should have to share their hard earned money with me… uhhh noooo.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote