Thread: Avatar in IMAX
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #90
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
What I said was that the overly-specific framing of the movies attributes would make viewing the movie itself into an excercise in comparative analysis, thus a completely out-of-the-moment experience for me. It wasn't my decision to be bombarded by a rigid preconception of this movie, I am placing blame where it belongs--the decision to execute an unrelenting media blitz.

The fact that seeing a preview of the plot was such a shocking disappointment was fueled by this same level of over-hyped expectations.

I'm saying that the quality and quantity of media attention created conditions which preclude me being able to give an honest, fair chance to this movie. Again, this wasn't my decision. I am not claiming immunity to the advertsing campaign, I am saying it had consequences they did not intend.
Ok. I'm glad you explained that again, 'cause that's not how I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
That, and when I actually saw a preview of the movie, it looked dumb. The recently-reformed, reluctant hero fights against impossible odds to save the idyllic utopian society from being destroyed by the military-industrial, shoot-em-up bad guys? Wow. My life won’t be complete until I see how that turns out.