View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 04:00 AM   #1901
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Carruthers, buy a phone with BT Call Guardian on it (you don't have to have a BT contract). You'll never look back.

Sent by magick
Thank you! I shall investigate further and forthwith!

After somebody reversed into my car and put a large crease in the backdoor, I was plagued for months by claims handling firms.

One firm spoofed numbers from around the UK and one call appeared to come from a very remote location in the Highlands.

However, I noticed that the last three digits were always the same no matter where the call was purportedly from.

I believe that the firm was finally put out of business.

Found it...

Quote:
A Bolton-based personal injuries claims management company has gone into liquidation after being fined £80,000 by a government watchdog for plaguing householders with nuisance calls.

In a deluge of consumer complaints about Direct Assist – which offers access to solicitors for claims – 801 concerns were registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and the Telephone Preference Service between January 2013 and July 2014.

Every single complaint came from individuals registered with the TPS – an opt out register from unsolicited sales or marketing calls – and who had not given permission for the company to call them.

One household reported being called 470 times by the company, while another was told by Direct Assist that they were likely to be called for three years until they made a claim, despite repeated requests for their details to be removed.
Link