Thread: You. RFN, 2014
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #34
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I didn't mean to come off defensive. I was really curious. The first thing that came to mind when you asked if I'm currently in Vietnam is that my place must look ghetto. I asked my sister if it looks ghetto and she said no, so I wondered what was it that made you make that question comment.

First of all, I live in an apartment complex, not a house. That's why the wall is concrete. Also, that's why the trees and plants are in front of the home too. This complex is old, so part of the concrete in front of the home has sunk. When it rains a lot, there would be a large puddle in front. Therefore, new concrete has been poured so that water would run away and not settle and perhaps run back and flood into the apartment. As for the small chairs, the front of the apartment is narrow. You see that window? About 2 feet more to the left and we're into the neighbor's side, and one foot to the right is the front door, as you can see. Also, we don't want big chairs to cover the window so when I open the windows they may block the wind from coming in. And as a confession, someone threw those chairs out and my mom dragged them home. So, I didn't really choose small chairs on purpose. As for the cinder blocks used to rest the potted plants on, I don't know why my mom did that. She elevated most of the potted plants in front our the apartment. For some, I think she wants to give the pots space to drain rather than laying them on the ground. Over time, those places on the ground become dark from water stain? :shrug: I don't ask my mom about her actions because she often would feel that I question her intelligence and get defensive. Although we've been in the States for almost 39 years, my mom is still very conservative and "Vietnamese." We still use celsius rather than fahrenheit. We use both solar and lunar calendar. Although my mom would sometimes use the American measuring system, she still refer to the metric system. And for the milk cartons, etc., that's my mom. She does stuffs like that, which I don't understand. :sigh: When I try to buy, say watering can and such, she calls me wasteful. So I let her do whatever she pleases.

Okay, so there you have it. Now, I gotta go beautify myself and go out to have some fun. It's still New Year, and we still celebrate it for 3 days as if we're still in Vietnam. :celebrate:

By the way, I don't think your question was rude, so no worries.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote