View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 11:15 AM   #82
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

I did one for the guys, now here's one for us girls. I don't know about y'all, but I remember ALL of this stuff *sigh*

You know you were a little girl in the '70s if ...

1. You wore that rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves and the rainbow went up one sleeve, across your chest and down the other.
2. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Holly Hobbie Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
3. You had that Fisher-Price doctor's kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. After training with these tools you became an expert at the game of Operation.
4. Legos, Legos, Legos.
5. You owned a Schwinn bicycle with a floral banana seat and a basket. In the early '80s you moved on to the ever-popular 10-speed. Gosh that seat hurt.
6. Your roller skates had metal wheels.
7. You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
8. You had rubber boots for rainy days. Your shoes actually fit inside of the boots (with a little help from your mom and some plastic bags).
9. You had Sea Wees in your bathtub.
10. You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie" (not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill") because your mom was sick of braiding your hair. How traumatic when people thought you were a boy.
11. Your Holly Hobby sleeping bag was your most prized possession.
12. You wore a poncho with your faux fur muff and your clogs.
13. You begged Santa for the electronic game ... Simon.
14. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.
15. You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.
16. You were into Ping-Pong.
17. You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.
18. You kept losing your mittens so your mom bought you the kind that were attached by a string.
19. Your Hello Kitty pencil case was cuter than anyone else's.
20. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffled shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture. You despised Nellie Olson!
21. You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.
22. You tried to make sure that no boys would grab the comb out of your back pocket and skate away at the roller rink. 23. Your hairstyle was described as having "wings."
24. You thought Shaun Cassidy actually wrote the songs "Da Do Run Run" and "Hey There Lonely Girl."
25. Strawberry Shortcake and her friends Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
26. You couldn't wait to be old enough to wear high-heeled shoes ... the one's called Yo Yo's with the plastic heel with a hole through it.
27. You carried a Muppets lunchbox to school.
28. You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend or who would get to be Ginger and who got stuck being Mary Anne.
29. You memorized every song in the Annie movie and know at least one person who immediately went out and got the Annie afro. Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it all day.
30. You had Star Wars action figures, too.
31. You thought unicorns were real.
32. It was a big event in your household each year when The Wizard of Oz would come on TV. Break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
33. You wanted to be a part of the Von Trapp family.
34. Light as a feather, stiff as a board.
35. You loved The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe so much you got the whole Chronicles of Narnia series for Christmas but never read the other books.
36. You crawled in a wardrobe somewhere and actually believed for a few seconds that you were on your way to Narnia.
37. You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Footloose and Flashdance soundtrack albums.
38. You tried to do lots of arts-and-crafts things, like yarn-&-Popsicle-stick god's-eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.
39. Shrinky-dinks!
40. You used to tape-record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.
41. You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Scholastic book orders your teacher would give you. Remember? The order catalogs looked like miniature newspapers.
42. You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books. Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.
43. Care Bears.
44. You thought Olivia Newton-John's song "Physical" was about aerobics.
45. Wiggles jeans with the embroidery on the back pockets.
46. Friendship pins that you wore on your tennis shoes.
47. Shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.
48. You wore knickers.
49. You collected Smurfs.
50. You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote