View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
SamIam

I'm with V. I'm disgusted with the way the Republican Party continues to cater to the extremely wealthy and the rest of the country be damned. I don't see how Republicans can continue to label the upper 2% as "job creators" while managing to keep their faces straight.

These "job creators" have had from the Bush administration to the present to expand the percentage of new jobs created in the US. To this day, there has been no significant increase in the number of jobs as a result of the upper 2% plowing their tax decrease bonanza back into American industry and business. Why should this change in 2014 and the years that follow?

During the election I was bemused to hear Romney and his Republican partners in crime talk about the 8 or 12 million or whatever fantastic number of new jobs it was that they were going to create. How? By getting rid of HUD and down sizing other government agencies? (Except for Defense, of course). By making deep cuts in or completely eliminating all programs which constitute the social safety net? By cutting discretionary spending and allowing the nation’s infrastructure to continue to deteriorate? HOW?

Now the greater good of the country is being held hostage for the benefit of a privileged few. Fuck that. I’ll go over the fiscal cliff just so those bastards will have to pay something approaching their fair share of the tax burden. If it’s the choice of a plutocracy versus the fiscal cliff, I’ll take the cliff every time.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote