View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #955
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Last night at work2 we had to (and oh, it was excruciating. laughing and joking...poor me ) hang out in the training room because tornado sirens were going off. Today more severe storms are expected. I guess at work1 we're supposed to go into the tunnel, but I think I'll just hang out in the vault that's right next to my desk (a non-locking-anymore vault.)

But they never reported a tornado sighting. It used to be that watches were for "conditions are favorable for a tornado to develop" and warnings meant they'd seen something. I guess now they can just go crazy with warnings...so that warnings now have the same impact that watches used to have, meaning "meh...I'll just go about my business."

Not that I really care. If I'd been home I wouldn't have sought any alternate shelter anyway. For one thing, I love storms and this has been the most awesome summer for rain and storms, for another thing, if a tornado wants to come and get me then let it. I double dog dare it. But I will hang out in a training room or a vault if'n they're handy.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote