View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 03:32 AM   #135
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I can see how that might happen, I believe him.
Quote:
Former Brisbane Freemason Glenn Langford apologises after being found naked in broken pipe organ, surrounded by cheeseburgers.

A former Brisbane Freemason has apologised after allegedly being found naked inside a damaged historic pipe organ, surrounded by the remnants of a cheeseburger, in the the city’s Masonic Memorial Centre.

Glenn Langford allegedly broke into the heritage-listed building and flooded it on Wednesday night and was found alongside the burger, a remote-controlled police car and a toy gun.

He told 7 News he was sorry for any damage he had caused - to the pipe organ and the reputation of the Freemasons.

The Freemasons have since told 7 News that Mr Langford is no longer a member.

“Things just got a little bit loose - I can’t explain it at the moment,” Mr Langford said.

“I apologise to all the righteous Freemasons everywhere. I did have a lot of cheeseburgers to give to the homeless.

“I was out of it. I’m going to see a shrink and I won’t drink. But I might try to give out some more cheeseburgers to the homeless.”

Mr Langford said he hoped the organ - reportedly worth millions of dollars and insured - would emerge unscathed from the ordeal.

But he’s unable to return within 100 metres of the centre as a condition of his bail and a caretaker told 7 News they believed the damage could not be repaired.

“Hopefully it’s not that damaged and I am sincerely sorry,” he told 7 News.

According to 7 News, Mr Langford’s lawyer told court he had downed a bottle of Johnny Walker and had been drinking heavily after losing his job and the break-up of his relationship.

The West Australian.

There's an on the hoof video interview with Mr Langford in the above link.
He seems genuinely contrite and embarrassed, although who wouldn't be?
The embarrassed bit, I mean.