Thread: Peanuts
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #40
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche View Post
A friend of mine with nut allergies didn't know she had consumed something with nuts in it -until her forehead swoll up - she looked like a gorilla. Luckily no anyphalactic reaction, so we all had a really good laugh and took lots of pictures.

Oh I hate when that happens. I've had similar reactions to other things. Can be quite amusing. But walking around like a beacon isn't much fun.

I had a work colleague (and psycho-friend, but that's another, very long story) who had to carry round ready loaded adrenaline shots. She once went into shock because her boyfriend had eaten something with chilli powder in it and kissed her about an hour after. Full on ambulance and intervention job.

I've only ever had two really serious (potentially lethal) allergic responses that I can remember. Though I believe I may have had one as a toddler as well. The last one was, I dunno, fifteen years ago, or something like that....actually, no, more like twenty. So, I figure I'm not such a risk these days. One of the full on responses was to egg when I was a kid. I now eat eggs as a regular part of my diet and don't react.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote