View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #3782
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Of course, there's always room for improvement.
There certainly is

Quote:
These people are hired to counter the rhetorical dope peddlers on the other side; because, the other side is not turning away from theirs. Unilaterally turning away from those on your side is how one loses parity (i.e. unilateral disarmament).
Who, hired by whom, the pundits and talk radio hosts. He saying just because they are on your side of an issue doesn't mean they aren't twisting the truth to flat out lying. Don't listen to them at all.

Quote:
So, if you hate Nazism, racism, and genocide, someone making money or winning elections or getting more famous and powerful representing your sentiments is a bad thing?
Yes, it's a bad thing, because it's rhetoric from a paid shill and will be received with a negative attitude from the getgo. No possible chance of anyone opposing that position even listening no less thinking about what's said.
Quote:
Hmmm, our leaders are elected to teach others something they didn't know or expanding their world view and moral outlook (e.g. life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).
Give me a break, the elected politicians are NOT our leaders. Who the fuck would follow some clown in Washington who's owned by abc or xyz corporation, or maybe Koch or Soros. Our leaders are those pundits and broadcasters people actually listen to... and believe.

Quote:
That's what losers always say to winners...you're just a tool. I suppose it can be cathartic; but, it doesn't change anything.
They do, I've never heard that. Everyone is being used by a employer, customer, spouse, kids, sometimes willingly, often not.
Quote:
All in all, the quoted excerpt from that article comes across as a bunch of smollett. YMMV.
I'm not surprised you feel that way since you didn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Well I'm on board

Love your enemies - the greatest and most radical advice ever offered to the human race
NO NO NO, it's not love your enemies. It's who are your enemies. Just because you disagree with someone about... say the height of a proposed flagpole, doesn't automatically mean you don't agree on what flag to fly.
Disagreeing with somebody does not make them your enemy, and that's what's happening. We're being played, both sides are being played and they're doing it by convincing you that the other guy is an enemy. He may be, but you shouldn't make that assumption.