View Single Post
Old 04-13-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Image backlog clearing

I haven't done this in a while! Here are a few images that I've saved off but then had second thoughts about making them an IotD.

This from last week, when someone probably forgot to set the chocks on this bird, and it rolled, unmanned, right onto the interstate. I guess when it comes to the big jets, nothing's routine. But so many people saw the video on this that I figured it wasn't IotD worthy.

These guys are in the Russian military, in a special regiment that was formed to be in battle scenes of a film version of "War and Peace". The film was shot in 1961. But the regiment continued on, and since then, has been in 900 movies. I thought they were wacky, but just not wacky enough.

This oldie from MSNBC image of the week is a very nice shot, but for some reason I always set it aside for later. After two months, it's been on the pile too long.

This hippo was the first born at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. It intrigued me because it turns out the beasts are born underwater. Who knew? But this same animal was tagged "the ugly-ass hippo" on Fark. That's unfair. It's very cute here.

As is this baby elephant. But at some point, as with the other babies, I felt like just the fact that an animal was a baby, and cute as anything, was not enough to make it an IotD image. Still, here's the little one up close.

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote