View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #8
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Examples.
Examples are in the quote UT provided in post #7.

I'm referring to the wealth of Independents who typically voted Democrat; but, didn't toe the party line in all regards. In those areas where they differed, Independents became collateral damage in the demonizing of Republicans via the Independents' few overlapping views; whereas, they would have been OK with constructive criticism.

Clinton and her hardcore followers took the position of My way; or, the highway. Independents who became collateral damage turned the tables on them. They showed Clinton the highway.

Quote:
Instead, she and her supporters refused to grant the validity of any part of Trump's pitch. Even that wasn't enough. Trump was a racist and a fascist, they said. Support him, and you're no better: Either that, or you're an idiot for failing to see it.
Whether you call everyone who disagrees with you racist, fascist, idiots or children, you put up a wall of disrespect that cuts off your influence with them. When they turn the tables on you, you've gotten what you bargained for. Using that propaganda technique domestically was a losing strategy in the first place.

But Clinton has always been that way. She's just too full of herself to change her approach. Gosh, I sure hope no one here in The Cellar ends up like her.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote