View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #608
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
1946 – Bolton Wanderers stadium disaster at Burnden Park, Bolton, England, kills 33 and injures hundreds more.
Jude and I had a bedsit flat near Burnden Park in 1990 - it was still the home of the wanderers then - except for one stand which had been sold off to a shitty discount supermarket (for the life of me I can't recall which one - something really tacky though) as part of a chunk of land - where the stand had previously stood there was now the end-on wall of a discount store building.

Best pie bakers evah were based on the same road. It was a large bakery that made for stores and catering, but also had a little pie shop attached that sold the most amazing cheese and onion pies I've ever tasted. The steak and ale was pretty spectacular as well.

J's dad has had season tickets for the wanderers for years. He used to go with his dad , J's granddad,when he was a kid. J broke his heart and became a Man Utd supporter :p

At the grounds at half time, there were a few food vans to buy pies - the menu was:

Hot
Cold
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote