View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #182
glatt

Short recap: I went to HR last month to try to get moved to a different department before consultants decide that my current position should be eliminated to cut costs.

Yesterday, I finally heard back from the head of HR and the head of the department I want to join. Trademark paralegals. They wanted to meet with me this morning.

We just met, and they offered me the job! This is awesome news.

It's bittersweet because I'll miss this job. It was a rut that I enjoyed being in for a couple decades. But the rut was leading off a cliff. So now I'm going to have to learn the ropes in a new position. I'll retain my current seniority level and salary, so it's not like I'm starting off at an entry level.

I'll move to a different floor and won't be interacting with my current department any more. That's sad. I'll be on a different floor, and my current floor is the best floor. But I will be in a much quieter area where I can have the focus I will apparently need.

The new boss was happy. She's going to give me a lot of training, so that's good that she won't throw me to the wolves right away. I'll be much busier than I have been in some time, and I'll be responsible for keeping track of a lot of stuff. But the hours will be reasonable, and I can have a life outside of work.

I won't be on the Cellar as much.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote