View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #550
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
It was raining slightly yesterday. I went down my front steps last night, which were slightly wet, and the concrete landing after the bottom step had a very thin layer of black ice covered in a wet slick. My feet immediately shot out from under me, time slowed down, I got out an emphatic "fuck!" just as I landed on the concrete slab right on my ass/tailbone. My reading glasses, which were on top of my head, flew off and got crushed. It knocked the wind out of me, and I felt nothing but pain. I was able to get up, and get in the car to go pick up my daughter.

Since then, I feel fine if I stay in a comfortable position, but if I lift my leg or shift my weight or something, I get a shooting pain in my tailbone.

I walked the mile to the Metro this morning, and I had to walk like an old man because it hurt every step I took.

Why the hell do we even have tail bones? We're humans, dammit.
Be careful with that bro, backs have been wrecked from far less. I've been on a daily yoga/pilates kick since I changed jobs and am only now getting my lower back straightened out from a similar fall.