Thread: Now What?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 11:38 PM   #9
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

What da......advice from slang?

Yes, Mr Reclusive Single Guy sounds off.

The key is ...."numbers, numbers, numbers". The more people you meet, the more of these numbers you can disqualify, the more you disqualify systematically the less emotionally attached you get to any one single person (that isnt right) and those that are in the ballpark will start popping up here and there.

Is it worth your time and energy to totally restructure your life so as to meet more people? That's YOUR call. What's it worth finding who you might actually get along with longterm, marry, have great whoppee with, or whatever?

One must get out of their normal sphere of people to "go through the numbers". Try goofy things that you might not truly be interested. Go places that you might never go out of your own interest. Get OUT of your own little groove.

It's not fun...it's not comfortable...it's not going to get you the results you want immediately but I have confidence that it will in time.

Once you are in the habit of doing new things just to go through numbers, it will be much eaiser to meet more and you will have the confidence that once those numbers have run out that you can find others to sift through.

This is very important because then you wont be heartbroken or frantic when one in particular doesnt work out and you also wont try to "force" something to work just because it's so hard to find new candidates.

Regardless of how the "interviews" are going with any one person, continue to meet more people. You'd be surprised how often that seemingly cool person turns into the wrong person just after you've stopped meeting people and have totally lost your momentum.

For me personally, just keeping the optimism up consistently long enough to get even prilim results is difficult. You need to find something that keeps you going. Sure, as you get better with the sifting process less effort is required but it's still effort.

The entire process is not easy fun or convenient but I can tell you with great confidence that doing this has worked small miracles for me.

Who knows, you find a good someone to give you the attention that you would like and you might not be the radical Dem bombthrower that you are now

It *could* happen and I wish the best for you.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote