View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #1
dave

Why I'll Stick Up For April

When April - aka r9703410 aka Cuddles aka baby doll (guessing) aka whatever else there was - got here, she was given a fair chance to fit in... for a few days. She got pretty irritating with the multiple accounts and the mass PM's and whatnot. When it appeared that she was using the Cellar as her own messageboard, The Tone disabled posting on her account.

She rejoined, promised to play better, and The Tone let it stand. I agreed with this decision, and I still do.

We've had a lot of asshats here. Some of them were asshats throughout their entire stay - Cairo comes to mind. But some of them, when given a chance, really turned it around. slang was an asshat his first week or so, but we gave him a chance, he took advantage of it, and now he's a valued member of the community (and one with deer meet, too). Ciara was an asshat right off the bat, and after a very tough hazing, we kind of accepted her and offered her help. She might not hang around right now, but she left on a good note. Even Radar, the asshat-iest of them all (well, maybe not) is showing some signs of normalcy and isn't nearly as irritating as he used to be.

April comes here with a unique story. No one can really say whether or not it's true for certain. Part of me hopes it is, because I don't like being lied to. Part of me hopes it's not, because it's a hard situation to thrive in. Regardless, she has demonstrated a <b>desire to improve</b>. She's trying not to annoy people and getting attacked in the mean time. It's inexcusable.

I don't care if I'm taking the unpopular route by sticking up for her when she deserves it. I'm doing what I think is right.