View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 12:00 PM   #15
hot_pastrami
I am meaty

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound
In fact, don't you think that doing what "you" think is right and attacking those whom 'you' percieve to be unjust is a bit...conceited? Do you do this to make yourself feel better?
How is this different from any strong-willed person's behavior? Personally, I will always do what I think is right. Because I must. If I see an injustice being done, I will intervene if I am able, because I must. I think this is true of most people, particularly men and women of principle, and those with a strong sense of right and wrong. The problem arises not from having such tendencies, but rather when one's sense of right and wrong conficts with the majority's.

So if doing what one thinks is right and attacking those whom he/she finds to be unjust is conceited, then I guess I'm conceited, too. Along with just about everybody I know. And you. It appears that you're also doing what you think is right, and attacking someone who you see an being unjust... only wielding an alternate opinion.
Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas
If you can't muster up any compassion for april, fine. At least have some for her kid. If you can't do that much, then just keep you mouth shut and don't freak out just because some other people on a silly trivial message board (sorry UT) decided they weren't going to shun her even though she acted like, well, like a teenager the first time she came on. And if you can't keep your mouth shut about it, then just get the hell out.
Agreed. You can like her, dislike her, be indifferent... whatever. But it takes a rather petty man to attack a teenage girl who is being open, honest (presumably), and admitting her mistakes. She's asked for nothing but conversation, and you've given her insults.

If I personally knew a teenage girl with a baby, and some asshole stranger was insulting her about it, telling her how stupid she was, when she didn't ask anything of him, I'd tolerate that for about ten seconds before I'd kick the guy's ass so hard he'd be tasting shoe polish for a week. And I don't think many people would fault me for it.