View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #74
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Thank you Cyc, if nothing else we will get further if we are adult about it and all have respect for each other. Maybe we can find a better way to talk about it.

Quote:
For me, human life is too precious to permit to be wasted.
That is absolutely the primary goal. Minimization of death.

Coming close behind is maintaining and promoting the idea that human life is too precious to permit to be wasted. It'll be simple to do when everyone believes it.

~

I thought about your earlier post and there is one more item I must take issue with. You believe that Israel would strategically bomb crop fields. This idea is ridiculous on its face for no other reason than no army in the world would waste expensive munitions bombing dirt. But what you should also know is that Israel provides almost all the fresh water for Gaza, and if it doesn't want Gaza growing crops, or if it wants to maximize suffering, it can merely shut the water off for a while.

If you saw images or video of dirt being bombed I will guarantee you that the rockets that rained down on the crops were fired by Hamas. Like all modern militaries, Israel actually tries to aim their bombs. Hamas points in the general direction and lets Allah do the aiming part. Their bombs often hit their own territory and/or citizens.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote