Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #38
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
London has always had that vibrancy and probably always will. It's been a world city pretty much since world cities became a thing.
Brexit is about making those hundreds of thousand or million EU citizens into foreigner - who must get visas or leave. London, that is so vibrant because it is compopolitian, is one reason why the midland extremists voted for Brexit. They see want makes London so vibrant as people stealing their jobs. Hate always works on the lesser informed.

Many Americans are just a brainwash by similar right wing wacko extremisms. For example, they also do not understand that 50% of America's Fortune 500 were created by immigrants. That 40% of all new businesses are created by this tiny minority - immigrants. And that an overwhelming majority of American Nobel prized came from immigrants - many who had almost no education when they got here.

Brexit includes a hate for Schengen. But that is why London is so vibrant. And is why so many Brits, manipulated by hate and soundbytes, hate Brexit.

Every foreigner I know who work in Britain will be leaving. London will be less vibrant.

I assumed the mass exodus would be to Frankfurt. And am surprised at the so many cities that everyone must move to - because the least educated believe lies from Boris Johnson.

At this point, every UK citizen with minimal knowledge now knows that Johnson, et al had no plan. They only understood more political power (only personal gain) by doing what Trump also does.

Schengen was not necessary for London to be vibrant before EU. And EU with Schengen and Britain excluded will mean a significant loss of what once make London so vibrant. Britian is no longer a good location for any European business office or factory.

I am shocked that Dana C does not see what is clearly obvious. No Schengen means London will no longer be the cosmopolitan town it used to be. The exodus will take about 10 years.

Even Trump refuses to do any trade deal with Britain. How much worse will it get?

Last edited by tw; 12-11-2018 at 08:44 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote