View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #6010
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Final project for drama class. It was a group assignment and we had like 3 weeks to work on it. First 2 weeks, the group member who was supposed to write the script, wasn't. So last week I finally said I would. I got it done on Saturday and we filmed the thing. Then one of the other members was supposed to edit it. She had Sun, Mon, and Tues morning. I asked her repeatedly if she could and if it was OK. Even Monday night before I went to bed, I texted her one last time. She assured me it was OK. Tues morning at 9:50 I get an message from her, "Uhm, things didn't turn out so well." Class is at 10. Come to find out, she couldn't even get the video off of the camcorder to the PC.
The camcorder will play on a TV, but the miniDV we used is FUBR and won't finalize so it can be transferred to a PC. If she had told me before hand she couldn't at all get it to work, I couldv'e looked at it, figured out it was FUBR and we could've reshot the film, or filmed it off of the TV....at least had something to turn in in the class. So now, I have to fix it, edit it and turn it in on Thurs. Fortunately I talked to the prof, and I don't think she's gonna count me off for it being late since she knows that its not my fault. But its extra work I shouldn't have to be doing damnit. Oh, and since the miniDV is FUBR, and the vid can't be downloaded straight to the PC, I'm gonna have to refilm it from the TV. Its gonna look awesome...