View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 04:21 AM   #25
it
Banned

In the 2nd Lebanon war they gave us (artillery) the order to secure a large parameter. This in itself was part of the news scandal later of horrible judgement among the generals when the war was investigated.

At one point there was a blue van - if they heard the speakers telling them to stop and identify themselves, they didn't respond. My superior wasn't availble and I took the shot.

They could have been terrorists trying to push a team through, or they could have been refugees who were running away or weren't able to hear properly in the bombing and noise for any number of reasons. There wasn't much a chance to investigate after, and a few days later a friend I've made who normally worked in the medical profiling department of the drafting center was able to make a phone call and help me get a transfer into a non-combatant profile.

Sometimes I liked to rationalize that I had no choice, that's what everyone else was doing... But that's bullshit. Sure, they could have been terrorists, but In my nightmares it's usually a bunch of families running away with their children trying to reach safety. Frankly my intuition leans towards the later.
it is offline   Reply With Quote