View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #65
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The words of the President of the United States matter.

They are worthy of our attention, by virtue of the office from which the President speaks.

That President Trump has corrupted this valuable and potent aspect of the office of the President of the United States is a testament to his shame. That he has disgraced this office by his words and actions, my office, my public servant, is a black mark against him, his responsibility for his words and actions. I am offended by his behavior, even if some characterize his behavior as "jokes". Even if his behavior is "trolling". I have higher standards. This country and the office of the Presidency has higher standards.

I'm not perfect, I'm a regular person. I don't consider his "jokes", his "trolling", his actions to put his name and words and face in my headspace, appropriate to the standards of the office to which he's been elected. This, *obviously*, is not an isolated or even uncommon example. It is pure, plain Trump. It is demonstrable, repeated, documented evidence of his unfitness for the office he currently holds.

Let me ask you, do you tell rape jokes? Do you casually, "just joking", talk about using your legally owned weapons to "do something" about his opponents? Do you jokingly talk about any of the factually ridiculous suggestions President Trump has repeatedly made? Would you accept without comment reports that your son has talked about "grabbing them by the pussy".

He does live in my head, but not rent-free. There's a cost, and it's accumulating, though I don't expect to collect until he's out of office. He is a troll. He is unfit for office. His actions do not have a viable path forward.