View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #97
SamIam

I don't understand why everyone - not just in the Cellar, but in the country - has gotten distracted by the arguments on birth control, abortion, women's rights, etc. put forth by one of the worst right wing whackos to run for office in a very long time. Santorum obviously has suffered from childhood on due to the brain washing which resulted from a fanatical Catholic upbringing. He lacks the capacity to think for himself, and he will never be presidential material no matter how much the religious right adores him.

The major problems facing this country seem to be getting largely ignored. What about the continuing high rate of unemployment? How can we move the US economy out of the worst recession since the 30's? How can we encourage US corporations to not only stop outsourcing American jobs, but to bring those outsourced jobs back to the US? Is the ever widening gap between billionaires and the working class (and everyone else) a serious problem? If so, how do we resolve it? How can we balance the budget without under cutting programs essential to the nation's well being? Are corporations REALLY people? Are super pacs Constitutional? How can we reform campaign funding? And on...

Somebody want to tell me Santorum's position on these things? Someone want to tell me what solutions the Republican Congress has put forth, other than to "just say no"?

Why are we arguing about the definition of an abortion versus a spontaneous abortion versus a miscarriage? Why do we give legitimacy to the ideas of some ignorant rabble rouser by spending 60 or 70 or however many posts arguing what he has said when what he has said is pure bullshit not worth a second thought?

Just my humble opinion.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote