Thread: resume
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #43
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It continues on as a sort of part time trickle

The theory was that, at our price, we could get a salesperson about $100-$125 out of the $399 "basic site", and that a motivated full-time salesperson could sell as many as one site per day and gross $50k/year.

In practice, when we tried it, it was never more than one per week. My biz partner seemed to suggest that he was not a good enough salesperson, but he could never convince anyone else to do it, except for one guy who is a part-timer and just gets things here and there for a few bucks.

Eventually the idea was to branch out, and we sorta had a model in mind for salespeople and sales managers.

What you suggest is always possible and I would be happy to accept sales from you and give you a fair cut of it. To ramp up to the point where it makes a fair living for me, it probably doesn't, but if we can both make some side money that is a fine thing.

~

I also wonder if the price is far too low to actually attract business.

I posted this earlier. Nationally, I think the biggest company selling websites to small business is Yellow Book. They have a million customers.

Here is the Token Internet website for Star Plumbing which cost them $399 first year, $99 each addl year

And Here is the Yellow Book site which cost them $840/year

To be fair, people prefer national brands for this kind of stuff. And they did get a link in yellowbook.com as part of the deal.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote