Thread: Sundae
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #210
Flint
Snowflake

I don't know what to say. Sundae represented the very best qualities of an internet community citizen. It's a serious loss, like losing a family member.

And when a family/community loses a member, one of the social functions of having a funeral is for the friends and family to get together, maybe people that haven’t conversed or been very close for a long time, and catch up on each others’ lives. It’s too bad that it takes a death to bring people together, and maybe they should have done it sooner, but it is a positive that comes out of the loss, and maybe we could do something like that.

If I never said it before, many of you have been an important part of my life, and I’m better for having known you. People like Sundae, from a part of the world I’ve never been to, and would have had no reason to know, if not for the magic of the internet, and the people who have put forth the effort to create and maintain internet communities like The Cellar. I don’t make many serious or personal comments, but I’m sending my love to you all, and I’ve gotten a little teary-eyed at my desk while typing this.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote