View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #1429
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Lead in every major river system that flows through public lands. A lot of that was already there. Probably. Lead does occur naturally, although I'm not saying it all came from Mother Nature.

Food banks in many states, including mine, will no longer be able to accept wild game that is donated by the hunter or seized from poachers, because now there will once again be a risk that someone's gonna make a food-bank deerburger and swallow a bunch of mangled lead pellets that survived the grinder because lead's softer than the steel grinder blades. Most food banks do not accept wild game, period. The food banks in my neck o' the woods only accept store-bought, packaged food.

God knows what kind of damage to the families of avid hunters who may or may not keep their reloading supplies locked up with the actual guns. What? Are you expecting the kids to go lead shot chugging when the parents are out?

Possible repeat of the massive drop in numbers of all predatory birds, especially those that also scavenge. LIKE THE BALD EAGLE. That was from DDT, an actual poison. Much different situation. And when steel, bismuth, and other types of shot were introduced (read mandated) in Cali and other areas, there was no real, discernible difference in the numbers of suspicious death rates of scavenging, or predatory birds in those areas. I could be wrong on this, but, I don't think I am.

Makes me sick. I'm afraid the next thing they'll do is declare mustangs fair game for dog food ingredients so they can slaughter them all off PUBLIC lands and use those lands for grazing, fracking, and strip-mining. You're a little late to this particular party. Well, they're not killing them all off, but, yeah, you're tardy.
And what about the animals we intentionally kill with All That Lead? Where is the concern for them?

And I'll shut up with this:

Have any of you seen, or heard of, lead shot in the bird poo that splatted on your windshield? Srsly. If there was this huge problem, wouldn't/shouldn't that be happening?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote