View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #80
Blueflare
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

Ack, I get scared of spiders too. Not as bad as when I was a kid. Back in the day I wouldn't even go upstairs if there was a spider in the corner on the ceiling of the landing... I don't know what exactly I thought would happen lol.

Now I can coexist peacefully with the spindly ones, even if they're big. Though if they start making spider babies, they've got to go. Last time that happened I got them all in a tupperware box and released them outside. I bear those spiders no ill will.

The fat little ones who do not peacefully make webs and die like good spider citizens, opting instead to run and twitch around scaring the bejezus out of me - them, I destroy.

Also, in the UK , in the south, a couple of years ago we had an spike in population of massive (~ 5 inch span) spiders. Two of them found their way into my house. The first time I saw one I literally pissed myself... fortunately I was on the toilet at the time. It was 2am, I sat down and blearily looked at the opposite wall and- HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!
They were both sentenced to death by shoe.
Eurrrrrgh.