View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #926
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I don't have to worry about finding or giving a fuck today, because a perfect clusterfuck found me.

I was supposed to go back to smalltown PA tomorrow, hang out with friends and watch fireworks, then sign papers on Thursday that would make me a free woman, see my financial counselor, and join a pontoon boat party for the weekend.

Then my dad called ... he's having urgent surgery Friday. In Canada. So I buy a last-minute plane ticket and I'm going to be there, leaving as soon as papers are signed Thursday. Well and good. Nervous for him but he needs the surgery.

Then the lawyer, who's just back from vacation, isn't getting back to me - may not have the papers ready Thursday - we may or may not be able to even see him Thursday ... I'm left with a vague promise from the secretary that he'll 'try' to see me/stbx at 8:30 Thursday morning. No promises as to whether the papers will be ready.

Then stbx spends the day texting/calling me, freaking out about money, and telling me his income has dropped hugely this month. There won't be much to share when we split the accounts early next week.

And, as I get home after hours of stbx, I get a call from the friends in smalltown saying plans are screwed, their daughter's flying home a day late so they won't even be in town tomorrow, they're picking her up in the nearest big city. They'll just stay and see the fireworks there, most likely.

So I'm scheduled to drop cats off with son#3 in the morning, I'll arrive in smalltown early afternoon tomorrow, have no one to hang with (everyone has plans by now), spend July 4 alone, go to the lawyer Thurs morning and he won't have the papers ready, fly out to Canada in the afternoon ...

well, I'll be there for my dad. So that's still good. But the rest ...