View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

So, I placed an order for some new socks (Fox River Military Wick Dry Maximum Mid-Calf Boot Socks, large, black). I ordered enough to get free shipping and there's no sales tax at the PX. Total cost $8.50/pr. Between eBay and Amazon, the best price I found was a seller on Amazon for a total cost of $10.61/pr. In a general search, Walmart got my hopes up at $5.26/pr.; but, it turned out to be only a clearance of 1 last pair and in beige.

My online PX purchase turned out to cost me about 20% less than the commercial market (without becoming fanatical about shopping) which is nothing to sneeze at. That's what I remember it being like shopping at the PX when I was on active duty.

They don't have a big selection because they cater mostly to lower ranking officers and lower to mid-grade enlisted personnel and their families. It's not the place to look for expensive top-of-the-line stuff. They have mostly middle-of-the-road, biggest bang for the buck type items and trendy popular items. If they happen to have what you want; however, there's some good buys to be had.

I filled out their website survey to provide feedback on what I thought about it as a beta version participant. I found the website to be user friendly enough. The survey even let me opt out of marketing data mining personal questions; so, I have no complaints about that either. So far, so good.

ETA: I was using my sockpuppet, which when this thread was started the Cellar tagline said was my unalienable right, but I've stopped since it seems to have confused rather than amused people.

Last edited by sexobon; 08-04-2017 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Kindness
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote