View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #1362
Snakeadelic
Banned

Well, the neighbor's home. It only took SEVEN HOURS for him to make it 60 miles. A friend came over to go rescue the neighbor's truck so the local ER wouldn't tow it; friend was supposed to drive the truck home. Turns out neighbor was getting discharged, so friend took neighbor's truck to go get neighbor.

And of course our friend went to the OTHER hospital in a college town of 100K or so. And then he had to get dropped off at his home, 7 miles north of us. In a near-blizzard. Leaving a man who'd had like 9 morphine shots in 2 days (and 4 Dilaudid!) to drive himself home. Their driveway is a car-eating ditch nightmare, and of COURSE the neighbor put his truck in the ditch. I got a text about waiting for a tow truck, and like an hour later the poor neighbor rolls in driving his truck!

By then, despite having apparently blown my left shoulder sleeping on it wrong, I had washed every scrap of laundry in the house--4 or 5 loads, because our water pipes were frozen for a week or so. This included washing and re-making the bed, and it also included some of the leftover heavyweight pain meds from my dental nightmare.

Good times, folks. Good times. This (unladylike word here) is what I call a "character-building experience." When ppl tell me I'm just such a character, I tell 'em it's because I've had so many character-building experiences.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote