View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

What's making you tear your hair out today?

... even if your hair is only 1/2" long at the most and fits like a smooth, possibly cute cap in a color you've never had in your life ...

But I digress. What's making me want to tear my hair out, if I can just get a grip on it, is a term paper on night shifts and hormones and breast cancer that refuses to come together because of the guidelines laid down by the prof (also the fact that I had to change topics yesterday and it's due Friday). The prof gave me a topic that turned out not to be doable within his guidelines. He acknowledged that yesterday but there's no extension.

Secondly, and much worse, is an impending midterm exam in an absolutely evil course, Social & Behavioral Theory. In theory, good. In practice, the prof is using exams from a previous prof but not reading them ahead of time to check whether they correspond to the material she's put up online (it's an online course). They don't. S&BT has no practical use, being acknowledged by its promoters as being effective 18% of the time. Gee, if I were correct in my diagnoses & treatment 18% of the time, I'd lose my license. But this stuff is apparently a success at 18% meaningful or even relevant interventions.

Good thing I can't get a grip on my little military 'do. Never mind. I'll see if I can pull off a miracle, exercise that baffling-with-bullshit muscle that firms up out of sheer desperation.