Thread: Camping
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 07:50 PM   #366
bbro
Insert witty comment here

So, the wet was not condensation. I actually leave a bit of the doors open (there's screens for venting) even when it's cold or it gets too hot and stuffy in the tent. This wet was more from the water hitting the ground and splashing up, I guess. The rainfly on the tent goes a bit over the front and back, but not as far over the sides. It's not flush with the sides, it just doesn't stick out as far. I guess that's why the walls there aren't protected as well?

Well, good to know, anyways. I thought it was because I bought a cheap tent or something. 8 pounds is only 1 pound more than what I have now. I think I can handle that

I have some pictures, but I'm in the woods in the mountains (in an Airbnb) trying to digest my dinner. I feel like a python.

I did end up leaving. It was a good thing, I got more than double the bug bites while packing up. I'm up to 21. Including one on my foot arch. Unbelievable. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel my next camping trip at a lake and just do day trips instead. It'll waste some gas, but I won't be miserable, so it's a win, I think. Plus, I'll save 40 bucks.......and use it for the gas.