View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
Cyclefrance
Pump my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcGee
Unfortunately, it was pretty low key news around the rest of the country. I only caught by accident, trawlin' the Beeb's news site.

It looks like it was pretty successful venture.... had I know in advance, i may well even have made the journey down from Cheshire.
That was my only beef with the promoters, a company called Artichoke, they insisted that it had to have the surprise element, so they banned a pal of mine's site which deals with London events because he posted photos from the Nantes event last year, and they refused to give out any real information to the press until just a week before the event, then only a snippet.

People really only got to know about it on the first day and subsequent days as news spread via the public and the media. OK if you lived in or close to Lonodn, and hadn't arranged to do anything else, but a bit of a bummer if you lived too far away or had made other plans beforehand.

Let's hope they come back for a second trip - maybe with one of their other creations, and then maybe the publicity machine will be a little more active pre the event.

No one can fault the quality of their work - it was amazing. Just a shame that they restricted their potential audience so heavily.