View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

And I do not regret it, not one moment. The multiple techgasms I've had with this thing have made it worthwhile.

The display is a thing of beauty. I feel joy just looking at it.

There are no buttons at all on the phone. When the display is off, it's just a piece of black glass. That's very clean and beautiful, Apple-like attention to design. Buttons appear along the bottom row when the display is on, and they have figured out that a momentary vibration gives you "tactile feedback" that you have pressed a button. It feels great as well as looks great.

It's taken a month to learn everything about it, customize it just the way I like to use it, etc. That seems like a long time, and seems like it would be a pain in the ass. But no, it's been a true joy putting this thing through its paces. It's not the sort of learning where you have to read long PDF manuals to remind yourself how to get from point A to point B. It's more like play: if I push this button, what will it do?

At one point, every day I was finding amazing new things I could do, and I considered starting a thread and just calling it "the cool thing I did with my phone today". Then I thought that would just sound like so much bragging.

But you guys, sometimes it's just too cool. Sometimes you would want to know.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote